Tracerite Copper capsules for sheep and goats (2.5g)
For prevention and treatment of copper deficiency in sheep and goats. Safe and effective. Slow release, providing 12 months copper supplementation.
100% Australian Made.
A soluble gelatine capsule (USP) containing 2.5g of sustained release copper oxide rods (copper needles) which contains 86% +/- 5% elemental copper for oral administration.
Tracerite Copper Capsules for Adult Sheep and Goats (2.5g) are indicated for the treatment and prevention of copper deficiency in adult sheep and goats. The Tracerite capsule is administered orally and dissolves in the rumen, releasing the copper oxide needles that lodge in the folds of the reticulum and abomasum. The copper oxide needles then slowly dissolve to release copper that is absorbed by the animal from the intestinal tract. The copper is stored in the liver and released gradually over time into the circulation.
- Proven technology that is reliable and long lasting
- Effective copper supplementation for 12 months
- May be administered as required with Tracerite Selenium pellets
(bullets) and/or Tracerite Cobalt pellets (bullets).
- One capsule administered orally per animal.
- Dose animals late winter or early spring unless copper supplementation
is required immediately.
- Dose pregnant animals early in pregnancy to allow protection of
the new born against copper deficiency.
- In Liver Fluke endemic areas, treat animals with a flukicide at
least 3 weeks before using this copper supplement.
- The capsule must be administered using an applicator or balling
gun that delivers the capsule directly into the gullet. The capsule
must be swallowed by the animal to be effective.
Contraindications and Precautions
- Do not use in animals less than 2 months of age
- Do not administer this product to animals of unknown copper status or those treated with any other source of copper within the previous 12 months. Do not repeat the dose within 12 months
- Do not use this product in association with Selenium supplementation unless deficiency of both minerals has been confirmed
- Do not administer to animals suffering from any form of liver disease such as jaundice or liver fluke or to animals grazing plants containing toxic alkaloids e.g. Heliotrope, Ragwort, Paterson’s Curse (Salvation Jane)
- Seek Veterinary Advice to verify the Copper status of the animals before treatment.
2 years after manufacture.
Store below 30°C (room temperature) in the original container in a dry place.
- 50 – pack
- 100 – pack
- 500 – pack pail
Withholding Period (Australia)
Meat and Milk – Zero (0) Days.
Export Slaughter Interval (ESI) Zero (0) Days.
APVMA Approval Number 64054. Please visit APVMA for more information.
100% Australian Made. 100% Australian Owned.