EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® Sheep and Goat Devices (20 per pack), approx. US $67/pack.
For synchronisation of oestrus in sheep and goats.
The Zoetis (formerly Pfizer) CIDR Sheep and Goat Device treatment programs represent a convenient and effective method for both synchronising and inducing oestrus in production animals. Using only naturally occurring progesterone, these unique treatment programs take control of the oestrous cycle by mimicking
normal physiological events.
CIDR Sheep and Goat Devices contain the natural hormone progesterone. Intravaginally placed CIDRs release progesterone at a controlled rate into the blood stream.
- Oestrus synchronisation during the breeding season.
- Ovulation control in does for artificial insemination, (AI), embryo collection and transfer programmes.
- Advancing the breeding season in sheep.
- Bags containing 20 CIDR Sheep and Goat Devices
- Applicators sold separately.
Breeding programs using the CIDR Sheep and Goat Device can:
- Tighten oestrous synchronisation so animals come into heat in a narrow window.
- Provide an opportunity to induce a fertile oestrus.
Using CIDR Sheep and Goat Devices can result in:
- Better use of time and labour during breeding and at parturition
- Enhanced use of artificial insemination for greater genetic gain
- Easier customised matings because AI is more feasible
- A more profitable flock
Dosage and Administration
Goats: Insert Eazi-Breed CIDR devices during the breeding season and leave in place for 18 to 21 days. The majority of does will be in oestrus approximately 48 hours after device removal. For AI using frozen semen, it is recommended the pregnant mare serum gonadotrophin (PMSG) 200 to 400 IU be given 48 hours before device removal. Insemination using a laparoscopic or cervical technique should be performed within 48 hours after device removal.
Sheep: Insert Eazi-Breed CIDR devices during the breeding season and leave in place for 12 to 14 days. Ewes will be in oestrus for mating or insemination approximately 54 hours after device removal. For spring joining, it is recommended that the device be used in conjunction with PMSG 400 to 500 IU. A ram to ewe ratio of at least 1:10 is recommended for synchronised mating. For AI using frozen semen, PMSG 400 IU is recommended at device withdrawal. Laparoscopic insemination should be performed from 47 to 55 hours after device removal.
Note: With sheep and goats, the use of vasectomised rams or bucks is recommended prior to insemination.
- Storage: Store in a dry place below 30°C (room temperature).
- Withholding period: * Meat: 24 hours
- Schedule S6
APVMA Approval Number 49895. Please visit APVMA for more information.
EAZI-BREED™ and CIDR® are registered trademarks of Zoetis Animal Health.
Zoetis, formerly the animal health business of Pfizer, is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting its customers and their businesses in ever better ways.