EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® Cattle Devices (10 devices per pack)
Zoetis EAZI-BREED CIDR™ Cattle Devices contain the natural hormone progesterone. Intravaginally placed CIDRs release progesterone at a controlled rate into the blood stream.
Zoetis (formerly Pfizer) CIDR™ Cattle Devices contain the natural hormone progesterone. Intravaginally placed CIDRs release progesterone at a controlled rate into the blood stream.
- SYNCHRONISATION OF OESTRUS.
- Insert for 7-12 days with injection of prostaglandin F2α at removal.
- Animals normally come into oestrus 48-96 hours after removal.
- A “heat mount detector” or tail paint for detecting oestrus is recommended.
- TREATMENT OF POST-PARTUM ANOESTRUS
- When lack of ovarian activity is diagnosed, insert for 5-7 days and inject 1mg oestradiol benzoate 24-48 hours after device removal. Responsive animals will be detected in oestrus during the next 4 days. Re-examine and then retreat unresponsive animals.
- RESYNCHRONISATION OF OESTRUS
- Insert for 14-17 days after first insemination and remove on the 21st day post insemination. Animals not pregnant to the first service are in oestrus approx. 48-96 hours after device removal.
- VETERINARY SPECIALIST USE
- The veterinarian may use the plasma progesterone elevating properties of the CIDR™ Cattle Device in a program specifically designed for the requirements of a particular herd. The device will elevate progesterone blood levels above 1.5 ng/mL for at least 12 days. This level will drop below 1.5 ng/mL in less than 1 hour after removal.
- Plastic bags containing 10 devices
- Applicators sold separately.
Key FeaturesBreeding programs using the CIDR™ Cattle Device can:
- Tighten oestrus synchronization so animals come into oestrus in a narrow time period
- Provide an opportunity to induce a fertile oestrus in non-cycling cow
- Hasten the onset of cyclicity in maiden heifers
- Treat cystic ovarian disease
- Prepare donor recipient cattle for embryo transfer programs.
- More pregnancies
- More compact calving season
- More even line of calves
- Less involuntary culling of non-pregnant cows
- Better use of time and labour during breeding, pregnancy testing and calving
- Tighter calving intervals, with more calves born during a cow’s lifetime
- Easier and more accurate heat detection, or the option of no heat detection
- Enhanced use of artificial insemination (AI) or specialist programs such as ET, with
- Greater genetic gain and higher value calves
- Ability to schedule heifers to calve before older cows, so heifers can get extra attention
- Easier customised matings – including the use of calving-ease sires – because AI is more feasible
- Confirmed breeding and calving dates – not always possible with natural service
- A more profitable herd
Dosage and Administration
Refer to the label and manual for appropriate programs.
Wear protective gloves when handling the devices.
- Dip the device applicator in a a non-irritating antiseptic solution
- Place one device into the applicator so the wings are folded and only the lips of these wings protrude from the front of the applicator.
- Dip the front portion of the loaded applicator into a suitable veterinary obstetrical lubricant
- Lift the tail of the animal and wipe the vulva lips clean with disposable tissue.
- With the tail lifted, insert the loaded applicator, sloping slightly upwards, through the vulva and then forward, without forcing, into the forward portion of the vagina.
- Release the removal tail, grasp the handle of the plunger and ease back the barrel of the applicator towards the handle.
- With the device correctly placed with the wings opened in the front portion of the vagina, only the removal tail should be hanging from the vulva.
- Repeat Step 1 before re-using the applicator
- Withdraw each device by pulling on the removal tail.
- Always remove devices before slaughter.
- Storage: Store in a dry place below 30°C (room temperature).
- Witholding period: * Meat: Nil *Milk: Nil
- Schedule S5
EAZI-BREED™ and CIDR® are registered trademarks of Zoetis Animal Health.
Zoetis, formerly the animal health business of Pfizer, is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting its customers and their businesses in ever better ways.